2008 m. gegužės 8 d., ketvirtadienis

Self-assesment of ESP learning


Writing skills:Writing was the most difficult thing for me in ESP but in second term I found it more easier, because I spent more time on it. I think I have quiet good skills in writing analytical summaries and restatement summaries. I know how to write it properly. It was quiet hard to remember all ESP new vocabulary but my contributions in tests has shown that I can do it well. Self-designed tests gave me a lot of joy, I like it and I think I am able to design good test by myself. I found some troubles with dictations. I think it is my weak side. I miss understood some words only from its pronunciation. Contributions to weblogs are easy for me, I try to do it carefully and enjoy it.

Speaking skills: I like speak in English, it is not a trouble for me. The class discussions and speaking in pairs are very sufficient and I think I do these tasks in a proper level, but I have some troubles with grammar so I make mistakes linked with grammar when I am talking in English. Preparing for presentation is very hard and takes a lot of time. I can do it well but I am very nervous when I am speaking in front of audience, so sometimes I can forget some things to say.

Listening skills: I am very happy and proud that my skills in listening activities in class are much better than in first term. I do it quiet good. I think that listening podcasts at home will help me to improve my skills to a higher level.

Reading skills: I lilke reading books so it is not hard for me to read home reading in English. I need a dictionary but less than in first term. I know a lot of new words so it is not a big problem to read ESP material in English. Class reading cause more problems because I have less time to concentrate on reading. The most difficult was to do reading comprehension exercises, because sometimes in class I miss understood some new words and it is a trouble to do exercises. I think I have to improve my skilss in it. Computer tasks were easy and enjoyable. I can face with it.

Komentarų nėra: